- WHOWe Are
- WHATWe Do
- WHYWe Do It
- WORKWith Us
- CONTACTGet In Touch
PLEASE NOTE: We do not currently have any vacancies for new interns. Please only apply if you would like us to keep your details on file for future opportunities.
As a social enterprise, we look for talented graduates to help us to scale up our work in Africa and Asia, helping to save lives by changing behaviours through mass media campaigns. We also know how difficult it is for graduates to break into the NGO / development sector without relevant work experience.
Our London-based internship scheme is designed to meet both of these needs. We provide you with a focused, challenging and interesting assignment that will develop your skills and enhance your employability, while helping us to develop mass media programmes in new countries. We will give you structure and a clear set of objectives, as well as autonomy to meet those objectives in a way that works for you.
Our internships last for fixed periods of one month, for either four or five days per week. They are based in our spacious office near Angel, in North London. We pay £10 a day to cover travel and lunch costs.
Our current focus area is desk research based on our priority countries for future projects (all in Africa and Asia). Specific priorities include:
- Researching current health promotion activities in priority countries by governments, NGOs and companies
- Researching indicators for priority countries such as media penetration and child mortality to help us develop proposals
- Researching priority areas and countries for particular funders, such as DFID, USAID, Gates Foundation and companies
- Carrying out literature reviews of published research in the fields of mass media, behaviour change and public health
- Helping to write funding proposals for various donors based on the research outlined above
There may also be opportunities to work on areas such as researching new technologies for conducting mass media campaigns in developing countries (such as mobile phones).